Sunday 1 December 2013

Django Version 1.6 release

Recently Django released Django 1.6 release in 6 November 2013. While I am still using Django 1.3 in my production server.

Looks so many improvement and site layout arrangement in newer version and make the temptation to try it out.

I have the options to upgrade to the newer version. But what makes me stop is there are to many change in the process. Maybe better to use the newer version with new project because the layout is changes to much.

In my deployment and development, I use the Reuse application methodology. So i hope the change is only in the project layout, but the app layout is still the same.

What I encounter in Django 1.3 lack of is, the sql batch insert. In one of my project, I need to update many rows at once, and the ORM doing update to database one at a time.

In Django 1.4 there is sql batch insert functionality which is good news.

And in Django 1.6 that I read from realese notes, the update are :

  • SQL persistance connection
  • Admin interface activated by default
  • Change in Django Transaction Handling
  • Discovery of test in any test module
  • Support BinaryField in model field
  • Model.save() algorithm changed
    This minimize the queries sent to sql server to 1 command only, before 2 sql command when save is called
For the Details you can see in the Release Notes of Django sites.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More